Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blair v. Leighton








Is it just me, or does Leighton Meester seem to fall short of Blair Waldorf's coolness, beauty, style, and overall upper east side sass? I don't know too much about Meester's real life qualities, but just judging by the way she looks in photo shoots compared to Blair on the Gossip Girl set, I can tell Leighton and Blair are not on equal footing. Blair seems so much bitchier and full of character. And, as ridiculous as this sounds, I think Blair is much prettier than Leighton. Maybe its just the way they style/do her makeup for the show. Or maybe Leighton just needs to get herself a better stylist. I've seen her interviews and she seems very...kind. Yes, kind is all good and nice and buttery, but I would take hanging out with Blair and risk getting backstabbed and used by her on Gossip Girl over Leighton any day.I guess thats just my inner gossip girl opting for an exciting, drama queen friend over just another bland, nice girl. Who wants that? Also,(another, "is it just me" question): does Leighton slightly resemble Aussie super model Nicole Trunfio from Make Me a Supermodel?

1 comment:

Grace: said...

This is because Blair on GG is wicked awesome. (Although watching her beg to be admitted to Sarah Lawrence was SUCH a let-down.) Leighton is just not a Queen Bee! :P

I have to agree with you - I'd hang out with Blair over Leighton any day, just for the kicks. :D